Cultural sector Build Back Better grant funding
We can award grants of up to £5,000 to support arts and culture organisations in Kent Build Back Better from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Our priority is to support those organisations who rely on customers attending cultural events as participants or audience members. For example theatres, cinemas, music venues and festivals; however this is not an exhaustive list.
These grants are funded from our Contain Outbreak Management Fund (COMF) with a total funding budget of £425,000.
The grants will support organisations to encourage people to feel safe returning to cultural activity as audience members or participants.
The fund can support:
- research and development
- reshaping business models
- project delivery
- product development.
Applications should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- We will use this funding to try new ways of connecting with our existing audience, and help give them the confidence to visit or attend.
- We will use this funding to develop new activity or products to encourage people back into accessing accessing culture.
- We will use this funding to reach new audiences, customers or participants.
- We will use this funding to reach people unfairly disadvantaged because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. For example people facing digital poverty without access to online content, or people in residential homes.
- We will use this funding to prepare for future outbreaks, and to connect to people experiencing coronavirus (COVID-19) or imposed isolation.
We would welcome applications from:
- arts organisations
- creative businesses
- freelancers that work within the cultural sector
- businesses that work within the cultural sector supply chain.
Applications closed on 24 January 2022.
We will review applications each week and you will hear from us within 2 weeks of your application date.
Any awarded funding must be spent by March 31 2022.