Cultural sector Build Back Better grant funding
We can award grants of up to £5,000 to support arts and culture organisations in Kent Build Back Better from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Our priority is to support those organisations who rely on customers attending cultural events as participants or audience members. For example theatres, cinemas, music venues and festivals; however this is not an exhaustive list.
These grants are funded from our Contain Outbreak Management Fund (COMF) with a total funding budget of £425,000.
The grants will support organisations to encourage people to feel safe returning to cultural activity as audience members or participants.
The fund can support:
- research and development
- reshaping business models
- project delivery
- product development.
Applications should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- We will use this funding to try new ways of connecting with our existing audience, and help give them the confidence to visit or attend.
- We will use this funding to develop new activity or products to encourage people back into accessing accessing culture.
- We will use this funding to reach new audiences, customers or participants.
- We will use this funding to reach people unfairly disadvantaged because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. For example people facing digital poverty without access to online content, or people in residential homes.
- We will use this funding to prepare for future outbreaks, and to connect to people experiencing coronavirus (COVID-19) or imposed isolation.
We would welcome applications from:
- arts organisations
- creative businesses
- freelancers that work within the cultural sector
- businesses that work within the cultural sector supply chain.
You must apply online before midday on January 24 2022. Applications will close earlier if the total funding budget is fully allocated.
As part of the application, you will need to provide a realistic budget and may be asked to provide quotations of any equipment you will purchase with the funding.
We will review applications each week and you will hear from us within 2 weeks of your application date.
Any awarded funding must be spent by March 31 2022.