Capital grants for sport
If you are an organisation looking to improve sports facilities and widen participation in Kent, you may be able to apply for a Capital Grant for Sport.
Information about other types of sports funding can be found on the Kent Sport website.
All applicants must prove how their project will increase participation in sporting activities.
This grant can be used to:
- provide facilities for Kent communities, including specialist facilities, training centres and centres of excellence and performance
- purchase new community equipment (not personal equipment or ‘road’ vehicles)
- improve existing buildings and sites (including education sites), or convert redundant buildings
- lever funding from other organisations into key schemes in Kent, and demonstrate partnership.
To apply your organisation must:
- be a Club Connect member (you can register free on the Kent Sport website)
- have, or be working towards, Club Mark or another relevant governing body accreditation
- be located within the administrative boundary of Kent County Council
- not be a borough or district council
- not have started the project
- not be asking for 100% of the funding costs
- already have planning permission (if it's required).