Children's social care jobs in South Kent
South Kent offers picturesque villages, iconic coastline and excellent travel links to London and the continent from Ashford International Station
Whether you're looking for rural charm, a home by the sea or vibrant town life, South Kent has it all.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Sample our world-class wine at Biddenden Vineyards and Chapel Down Winery.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at McArthurGlen, Ashford's designer outlet.
- Enjoy the Kentish countryside and hike one of our stunning walking routes.
- Investment in Ashford has made the the town one of the UK's most prosperous areas. The area boasts new businesses, leisure opportunities, retail developments and quality new housing.
- Go wild on safari at Port Lympne Reserve or spot some native wildlife at Dungeness RSPB nature reserve.
- Explore our castles. Take your pick from Deal Castle, Dover Castle and Walmer Castle.
- Take in the rich heritage of Dover's White Cliffs or potter around Folkestone's Creative Quarter, home to independent shops, lively cafes and the Quarterhouse, one of the town's new entertainment centres.
- Reach London St Pancras in 37 minutes, and Paris in under 2 hours via our high speed rail links. Dover Ferry Port and the Channel Tunnel at Folkestone are both within a 20 mile drive.
You'll find everything you need to make South Kent your home. We even offer relocation packages up to £8,000 (subject to eligibility) to help cover the costs of moving here.
Nikki Young, Senior Practitioner
"I moved to Kent from Australia and was attracted to Kent County Council for its flexible working policies and great locations on the Kent Coast. Working in Kent has given me lots of opportunities to progress my social work career, through training opportunities and support."