Newly qualified social workers
We can offer you a competitive salary, staff benefits package and excellent career development and training that comes from working for an authority as large as Kent.
- Starting salary £28,925
- A protected caseload during your post-qualifying year
- Full induction
- Weekly supervision
- A minimum of 5 day's training each year
- Starting annual leave allowance of 26 - 30 days
- Childcare vouchers
- Relocation packages up to a maximum of £8,000
- Excellent local government pension scheme
Joy - Newly Qualified Social Worker
"I was welcomed to a very helpful and supportive team. Everyone has continued helping and they have taken time to provide support no matter how busy they are. It can be daunting being a new member of staff and being a newly qualified social worker. However, everyone made it easy for me from my first day at work. There are lots of opportunities for personal development provided through training. Other things I have benefited from are weekly supervision, Newly Qualified Social Worker Workshops and ASYE sessions. It’s all brilliant and I look forward to gaining more experience."