Newly qualified social worker (ASYE) vacancies
Start your career in a learning environment.
You will be supported through a robust assessed and supported year in employment (ASYE) programme, learning from a range of social care and health colleagues while you develop your expertise in mental health.
We will support you to develop your skills in working co-productively with service users and carers.
- Starting salary £28,413
- Relocation packages up to a maximum of £8,000
- Full induction and comprehensive professional learning and development
- Starting annual leave allowance of 25 to 28 days
- A minimum of 5 day's training each year
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Market premium payments
- £2,000 golden hello
- £3,000 retention payment for locality based experienced social workers in Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley
Social Worker - ASYE
I am currently in my newly qualified role as a Social Worker in the Community Mental Health Team. Since commencing my role I was initially warmly welcomed by every member of the team and the support has been consistent throughout my past 9 months of employment. I am currently undertaking my assessed year of employment as per the ASYE and cannot praise the necessity of this supported year more highly.
The ASYE along with the continued support from the team enables me to develop my knowledge in many areas around both social work and mental health but more so to incorporate developed knowledge and skills to aid and support best, safe practice.
I am confident that should I feel unsure with any part of my practice, my supervision allows me a safe environment to discuss my concerns and therefore promote positive relationships within my team and practice alike.