Dartford permit scheme
To visit the Dartford HWRC you must do one of the following:
- display a permit (Dartford residents only)
- show proof of address (Kent residents only)
- pay £10 for access (non-Kent residents).
The permit allows Dartford residents free access to the site to dispose of domestic waste (some charges may apply).
If you don't have a permit but live in Kent, you can use the Dartford HWRC free of charge but will need to show proof (for example a household bill) that you pay your Council Tax to a Kent borough or district council.
Any non-Kent residents, for example those from neighbouring authority areas such as Bexley and Medway, may use the Dartford HWRC but must pay £10.
Cross border visitors can currently pay by cash or card, however cash payments will be phased out by the end of summer when only card payments will be accepted.
- One permit per household.
- Only you can use the permit.
- You are not allowed to use the permit at other sites.
Get a permit
The permit will be issued once confirmation has been obtained that the resident is living in Dartford.