The Loose Valley Greenway
The Loose Valley Greenway footpath and cycle route was completed in 2016/17 delivering a better network of dedicated cycle paths and footways linking Loose with Maidstone.
The proposed footway route along the Loose Valley already existed but fell into disrepair and needed upgrades to the signs and links both on and off the footway. The planned improvement made the use of the footpath a far more attractive proposition for commuters and visitors. This was completed by updating:
- the surface of existing off-road sections to make them more usable (including by mobility impaired users) and to reduce ongoing maintenance
- the fencing and other features to address safety and accessibility issues
- links to the route from nearby housing, school and employment locations
- signage along the route, including where it uses quiet roads and where it links to schools, housing and employment locations
- minor road safety and access improvements on the ‘quiet road’ sections.
Future minor adjustments may be made to the finalised project, to take account of local feedback.