Take part in Kent Green Action
Every day we make choices that affect the world around us, and by making informed choices we can create a healthier environment for ourselves and for future generations. We can all make a difference now, and in the future.
We have lots of ideas to support you to promote collective action, including advice for community groups. No action is too big, or too small.
Our plans are focused around 3 important themes:
- Connect with nature
- Protect our local environment
- Enhance your environment.
Connect with nature
By improving our understanding of the natural world, we can understand the effect of our actions too.
One of the simplest ways to connect with nature is by heading outside and marvelling at the beauty within Kent:
- enjoy a countryside walk on our public rights of way network
- spot wildlife and learn about conservation at one of our country parks
- understand the importance of pollinators and Kent's Plan Bee
- gift a tree to celebrate a recent birth or adoption, dedicate a tree at The Woodland Trust
- head to the coast to spot marine animals, or just take in the sights.
Protect our environment
Everyday actions can create significant change.
Individuals, communities and businesses can all reduce their impact through their decision making. For example:
- make changes at home, or in your workplace to reduce your energy use
- walk, cycle and use public transport for your journeys in and around Kent, plan your journey at Kent Connected
- consider a switch to an electric vehicle using a government grant
- install water refill points for your employees to reduce plastic bottle use
- sign up as a countryside or conservation volunteer
- read our 100 green actions list for everyday changes you can make.
Enhance your environment
There are many ways we can all help to enrich our environment for the benefit of nature and our communities. For instance:
- plant pollinator friendly flowers at your home or office
- get involved in local conservation projects through your local countryside partnership
- grow your own fruits and vegetables
- create friendly bird boxes
- volunteer for beach cleans or litter picks.