We support families of children and young people (0 – 25 years) with special educational needs or disabilities. We hope to empower children/young people and their parents to make informed choices about their children's education, other outcomes and communicate confidently.
Our advice and support is confidential and impartial. We are not on anybody's side.
IASK is overseen by a steering group, half of which must be parents.
We also support schools in working with parents.
Support for parents
Our experienced team will listen and discuss any issues around your child's education and development in complete confidence. We can:
- help you make informed decisions
- help you plan how to communicate your views or concerns in meetings or on paper
- come with you to meetings as a neutral person
- provide face to face support
- provide information about other agencies and processes
- help you prepare paperwork
- help you through the education system
- offer you training and workshops - contact us for more information.
- support you with issues that aren't directly related to special educational needs and disabilities
- make decisions for you
- speak on your behalf
- represent you at a tribunal.