Contact our special educational needs and disability teams

We would like your views on your experience of using our SEND information hub (local offer), and would be grateful if you could take a couple of minutes to complete the following survey.

Who to contact for support and services if your child has special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).

Known to our SEND service

If you are already known to our Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service, you can contact your Assessment and Placement Officer using the details they have provided you directly.

SEND area district teams

Before contacting one of our area district teams, you can speak with one of our support services or your child or young person's education setting to find out how they can assist you.

North Kent

Dartford, Gravesham and Sevenoaks

  • address: Joynes House, New Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 0AT
East Kent

Canterbury, Thanet and Swale

  • address: Brook House, Reeves Way, John Wilson Business Park, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3SS
South Kent

Ashford, Dover and Folkestone and Hythe

  • address: Kroner Park, Eurogate Business Park, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8XU
West Kent

Maidstone,  Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells

  • address: Worrall House, 30 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent,  ME19 4AE

Provision Evaluation Officers (PEO)

The Provision Evaluation Officers (PEO) work closely with schools to support, advise and monitor the support for children with SEND, whether they have an education, health and care (EHC) plan or are receiving SEND support with or without high needs funding.

If you have any concerns about the support in place at school or college for your child, you can contact them directly. Email who will pass on your contact details to the relevant PEO.

Find out more about how PEOs can support you and your child.

Other teams in SEND

We understand that everyone is different and each individual will have a different path to take. Along the way your family will meet various teams who can support you and your child.

Find out what our other teams do and when you might speak with them.

If your SEN officer or SEN area team cannot answer your transport question, you can contact us as below.

General SEND transport enquiries (eligibility and applications)

Email or call 03000 41 21 21 for anything to do with:

If your circumstances change, for example if your child changes school or address, please complete our change of details form.

Journey, operator or driver issues

Email or call 03000 41 49 36 if there are problems during your child's journey, a vehicle is late or you have problems with the driver or company running the service.

Parent support

You may also want to talk to a parent support group:

Alternatively visit one of the following charities for your area:

Specialist teaching and learning services

Our specialist teachers are experienced teachers with a qualification in one or more areas of SEND. They work with the other professionals who are in contact with the child and their family to help that child or young person to achieve their learning goals.

Find out about specialist teaching and learning services and how to get in touch with them.

Short breaks

Short breaks can give you a break from caring for your disabled child or young person.

Complaints about a school or college's SEND support

If you are unhappy with how your child's school or college is meeting your child's needs, you should speak to your school first and then your named case worker if you have one.

If you are still unhappy, follow our schools complaints procedure.

Complaints about SEND services

If you are unhappy about any of the services that we provide, speak to the person you have been dealing with or your named case worker if you have one.

If you are still unhappy, follow our complaints procedure.

If your child does not get a needs assessment or EHC plan

If you don't agree with a decision we've made, find out who to speak to and how to pursue meditation and your right to appeal.

Complaints about a health service

When using services provided by the NHS you should know your rights.

Every person receiving treatment should have the final say over the decisions that are affecting their health.

If you are not happy with the health services that you have been provided, visit our health rights page for more information on who to contact.

SEND information hub feedback

If you could not find the information you were looking for on our SEND information hub and would like to leave feedback, email and a member of our improvement team will contact you back.