Youth activities and groups in your community
There are many ways in which you can get involved in your community.
You may want to join a group, learn a new skill or attend a local event. These support networks can help you to build relationships, confidence and gain independence as you're going into adulthood.
In Kent there are a number of voluntary organisations, support groups and advice charities active that can help you, often for free.
To find local activities you can:
- search on our community directory
- join in with our learning disability day activities
- visit one of our day centres
We have a range of resources available to make our services accessible for everyone. This includes; induction loops, large printed books, accessibility software on our computers, easy access books and e-books.
To make sure you keep active and healthy, there are many opportunities for you to get involved in sporting activities near you.
To find your local sport groups you can:
- visit the Kent Sport website which offers opportunities for you to take part in disability sport in Kent
- search on our community directory.
You may also want to join groups where you can meet people of your age, where you can meet new friends who share the same likes as you.
To find your local youth group you can: