Cost of KCC Travel Saver
The cost of the KCC Travel Saver is £350 for the year.
Pay online in full or spread the cost with our new Direct Debit option, make 8 monthly payments between August 2019 and March 2020. See our instalment payment examples. The pass costs the same no matter when you apply for it, so the earlier you apply the more value you get, and the longer period you can spread the payments over.
Lower cost and free passes
Lower cost and free passes are available for children and families meeting certain criteria.
Low income passes are for children who are eligible for free school meals. Just select this option when applying. No other information is needed and we can check eligibility.
The cost of a full year low income pass is £100.
You can spread the cost by making 8 monthly payments by between August 2019 and March 2020.
Free passes are for:
- young carers
- children in care
- care leavers.
You must get your application endorsed or you will end up paying the standard £350. To get it endorsed contact:
- Kent Young Carers 17 – 19 Monson Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 1LS.
Call: 0300 111 1110
Call: 03000 810 005
Call: 03450 95 67 01
In care or care leavers
- If you are 11-16 years old we will contact your case worker to confirm your status.
- If you are 17-21 years old your pass will be sent to your personal advisor for them to give to you.
For households with 3 or more children, pay for 2 full price passes and get the 3rd and other additional passes for free. That means 2, 3 or 4 full year passes would cost £700.
To take advantage of this offer you must apply by post.
This offer is not available if any of the passes are low income or free passes.
Pay in instalments by Direct Debit
You can spread the cost over 8 months from August to March.
A £10 administration fee is added to the first payment, unless you are applying for the low income pass.
How to apply for instalment payments
Select the Direct Debit option when you apply online and there will be a Direct Debit form at the end of the application to print and sign.
If you're applying by post, there is a Direct Debit form included at the end of the application form.
The cost of the pass remains the same whenever you apply. The earlier you apply the longer you can spread the cost over. If you apply later in the year the cost is split by the number of months left until March 2020.
- Apply by 14 July 2019: 1 x instalment of £53.75 followed by 7 x instalments of 43.75 (total cost £360)
- Apply by 3 November 2019: 1 x instalment of £80 followed by 4 x instalments of £70 (total cost £360)
Low income pass
- Apply by 14 July 2019: 8 x instalments of £12.50 (total cost £100)
- Apply by 3 November 2019: 5 x instalments of £20 (total cost £100)
Sibling (3 or more passes)
- Apply by 14 July 2019: 1 x instalment of £97.50 followed by 7 x instalments of 87.50 (total cost £710)
- Apply by 3 November 2019: 1 x instalment of £150 followed by 4 x instalments of £140 (total cost £710)
Read our guide to instalments (PDF, 2.9 MB) for more information.