Cost of KCC Travel Saver
The cost of the KCC Travel Saver is £360 for the year.
Pay online in full or spread the cost with our Direct Debit option, make 8 monthly payments between August 2020 and March 2021. See our instalment payment examples. The pass costs the same no matter when you apply for it, so the earlier you apply the more value you get, and the longer period you can spread the payments over.
Lower cost and free passes
Lower cost and free passes are available for children and families meeting certain criteria.
Free school meals passes are for children who are eligible for free school meals. Just select this option when applying. No other information is needed and we can check eligibility.
The cost of a free school meals pass is £110.
You can spread the cost by making 8 monthly payments between August 2020 and March 2021.
Free passes are for:
- young carers
- children in care
- care leavers.
You do not need to get your application endorsed this year. When you apply online we will check this. For any other information about young carers arrangements contact:
- Kent Young Carers 17 – 19 Monson Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 1LS.
Call: 03001 11 11 10
Call: 03000 81 00 05
Call: 03450 95 67 01
In care or care leavers
- If you are 11 to 16 years old we will contact your case worker to confirm your status.
- If you are 17 to 21 years old your pass will be sent to your personal advisor for them to give to you.
For households with 3 or more children, pay for 2 full price passes and get the 3rd and other additional passes for free. That means 2, 3 or 4 full year passes would cost £720, or £730 if paying by instalments.
Applications must be made by post, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an application form.
This offer is not available if any of the passes are lower cost or free passes.
Pay in instalments by Direct Debit
You can spread the cost over 8 months from August to March. When you apply online you will need to select the Direct Debit option.
A £10 administration fee is added to the first payment, unless you are applying for the free school meals pass.
Unless we make a part year pass available, (which we'll do if government guidance changes), the cost of the pass remains the same whenever you apply. The earlier you apply the longer you can spread the cost over. If you apply later in the year, the cost is split by the number of months left until March 2021.
- Apply by 9 August 2020: 1 x instalment of £55 followed by 7 x instalments of £45 (total cost £370)
- Apply by 1 November 2020: 1 x instalment of £82 followed by 4 x instalments of £72 (total cost £370)
Free school meals pass
- Apply by 9 August 2020: 8 x instalments of £13.75 (total cost £110)
- Apply by 1 November 2020: 5 x instalments of £22 (total cost £110)
Sibling (3 or more passes)
- Apply by 9 August 2020: 1 x instalment of £100 followed by 7 x instalments of £90 (total cost £730)
- Apply by 1 November 2020: 1 x instalment of £154 followed by 4 x instalments of £144 (total cost £730)