Support the Reconnect programme
How you can reconnect children and young people
The whole community of Kent can get behind Reconnect and we need your help!
Can your group, organisation or school:
- promote Reconnect within your local community and networks?
- provide activities and opportunities for children and young people?
- work with other groups and organisations to deliver more opportunities for children and young people?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, show your commitment to reconnecting children and young people to things they've missed during the pandemic by pledging your support.
We can support your organisation or club with free advertising via our directory.
By simply entering your organisation's details into our extensive directory you will ensure visibility to thousands of users across Kent who use the site to search for clubs, events and activities just like yours.
It's a simple process and only takes a few minutes:
- If you don't have one already, register for a directory account.
- Once you've registered, you'll get an authentication code to verify your account.
- Sign in to the providers section of the directory.
- Choose 'provider updates' on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Choose 'create new service' and enter the details of your organisation or activity. Please include 'RECONNECT' in the title.
- Choose 'save record' when you've finished.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for any activities you're running.
- The Reconnect team will review and approve your records before they appear on the directory.
- You can log in and update your record at any time.
Need volunteers to support your activities? Complete a contact form on the Kent Volunteers website and they will advertise your vacancies for you.
Kent’s secondary schools are currently seeking employers from all business types and sectors to provide careers advice and support in schools.
We'd love to hear from you if you can:
- deliver career talks in schools
- provide tips and guidance for a career in your sector
- provide work experience opportunities.
It’s a great opportunity to make a difference to young people in your community and give hope to young people seeking to establish career paths.
For further information on how you can help, contact The Education People at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following COVID, Kent’s young people have missed out on valuable work experience, apprenticeships and part time job opportunities as many businesses have furloughed staff or been unable to operate.
Now that lockdown restrictions are easing and businesses are opening up again, there may be many ways you can support Kent’s young people by providing opportunities for them in any of the following areas:
- work experience
- part-time work
To find out more about how you can support through any of these means, please contact The Education People at email@example.com
Interested in volunteering?
Volunteering your time and skills – whether as part of your work or in your spare time – could make such a positive difference to Kent’s children and young people and help provide them with great experiences that will shape their lives.