Reconnect Community Awards
The Reconnect Community Awards acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of people who have helped children and young people reconnect to the things they missed during the pandemic.
There are 7 award categories.
- Outstanding Individual Award – an individual who has gone above and beyond to help children and young people in Kent reconnect to their pre-pandemic lives.
- Young Volunteer Award – a young person (aged 18 or under) who has volunteered in their community and helped to support other children and young people.
- Learning Award – a group or organisation that has helped children and young people reconnect to their education.
- Wellbeing Award – a group or organisation that has supported the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people during the pandemic.
- Sport and Activities Award – a group or organisation that has helped children and young people reconnect to sports and outdoor activities.
- Community Award – a group or organisation that has supported children and young people to reconnect to their friends, families and communities.
- Employability Award – a group or organisation that has supported young people to engage with employment opportunities and job prospects since the pandemic.
- Any group or organisation that has helped Kent’s children and young people reconnect to their pre-pandemic lives can be nominated, even if they have not received Reconnect funding.
- You cannot nominate yourself for an award but you can nominate your group or organisation.
- The nominee must have supported children and young people in Kent to reconnect. This could be by delivering new and exciting projects and activities or providing support to a certain group of children and young people who were disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
- Any nominees for the Young Volunteer Award must be 18 and under, or 25 and under for those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- We will accept nominations for young people for each of the categories.
Nominate a person or organisation
We are no longer accepting nominations for the awards. The deadline was midnight on 23 August 2022.
Announcing the winners
The nominees will be reviewed by a panel and those shortlisted as finalists in each category will be invited to attend the Reconnect Celebration Event on 6 October 2022, where the winners will be announced. The winning organisations will be awarded a trophy and certificate and the winner of the Outstanding Individual Award and the Young Volunteer Award will both receive a voucher.