Your year ahead
Take a look at the year ahead to see what you need to do and when.
- Think about your future and consider your choices.
- Do your research - schools, colleges, apprenticeships or something else.
- Log into Kent Choices and start applying for sixth form and college courses.
- Go to sixth form and college open days.
- Talk to your school if you haven't found a suitable place for your studies after year 11.
What to do over the summer term and holidays
- Look into volunteering opportunities or work experience over the summer holidays.
- Attend interviews and wait for results.
- If you haven't heard from your school, college or training provider regarding your place for September, chase them up as soon as possible.
- Collect your exam results and act quickly if you didn't get the results you needed or expected.The quicker you act, the more likely you'll get something you want. You can contact your school or college for advice, or contact Kent Choices on 03000 41 40 05.
You need help or something to do over the summer
- Talking to someone and staying busy over the summer will help you to start school/college/training in September. Early Help have a range of activities on offer and staff who can help. You can find them at your local youth hub.
- Consider signing up for the National Citizenship Service, this will help you succeed post 16 and will make you more employable.
- If you still have not found anything, the Kent Choices team can help direct you. Phone them on 03000 41 40 05.