Apply for 30 hours of free childcare
This is available for working families with children aged 3 and 4. Parents of children born on or after 1 September 2012 can apply now.
You can apply for both 30 hours and Tax-Free Childcare with a single application using the government childcare service.
Both you and your partner (if you live with them) need to provide:
- national insurance number
- details of your income, and if you will meet the requirements over the next 3 months
- details of any benefits you receive.
You must apply before the start of the academic period you want to take up your place, apply by:
- 31 August to start claiming in September
- 31 December to start claiming in January
- 31 March to start claiming in April.