Low Carbon Futures project
During the development of our Low Carbon Kent business network, we secured European Union funding to support businesses in Kent and Medway.
Businesses were provided with environmental reports and advice, sustainable travel advice and economic driver training. They were also given the opportunity to gain accreditation from us to recognise their developing environmental management systems through our Steps To Environmental Management (STEM) scheme which we also continue to operate.
We helped businesses to:
- improve their economic performance and competitiveness through the reduction of their carbon dioxide emissions
- address the barriers to reducing carbon dioxide from transport and related congestion issues and costs
- support and enable the development of emerging environmental markets, in particular through stimulating demand for low carbon technologies.
All targets for the project were met or exceeded. Several business offerings developed through the Low Carbon Futures project are still available and are being continued through our Fusion project.
If you would like further information about the support we offer to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), please contact us at email@example.com or on 03000 41 51 11.
The funding area also meant that SMEs within the following counties were supported:
- East Sussex
- West Sussex.
Kent County Council were the lead partner on the project and worked with:
- Efficiency and Improvement South East
- the Environment Agency
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- Kent Police.
The project was funded by the European Regional Development Fund Competitiveness Programme 2007 – 2013 and Kent County Council. The total value of the project was £785,000.