If you and your partner would like to formalise and celebrate your relationship you can register a civil partnership. We can also help you arrange an optional civil partnership ceremony to celebrate the day.
From Monday 19 July:
- ceremony attendee numbers will revert to their pre-COVID capacity for your room or venue. This would have been confirmed when you booked, but if you're in any doubt you can check the details on the Kentish Ceremony website or contact your venue.
- ceremony content will be in line with the options available in our Kentish Ceremony Choices Pack. Readings and music will be possible once more.
As many ceremonies will still take place indoors, we expect and recommend that guests wear face coverings, unless exempt, in line with the government advice.
Before you contact us
Due to the unprecedented demand we are experiencing as lockdown restrictions ease, our telephone lines are extremely busy. We are receiving a very high number of calls and emails, so please bear with us and we will reply as soon as we are able to.
We are prioritising existing bookings with ceremonies taking place in the near future. If you are unable to get through via telephone to pay your fee, please be assured that your booking will not be cancelled and we will contact you.
If you do email us about an existing booking, to help us prioritise our enquiries please include in the subject header:
- your ceremony date
- your ceremony location.
- new booking
- month and year you are hoping to get have your ceremony.
Give notice of your civil partnership
Before you can register your civil partnership, it is a legal requirement that you give notice of your civil partnership at your local register office.
Contact your local register office to book an appointment to give notice.
Register a civil partnership
In Kent and Bexley, a civil partnership can only be registered by a civil partnership registrar appointed by us.
Both partners will sign the registration document in the presence of 2 witnesses and the registrar.
Contact your local ceremonies team to arrange a registration.
Civil partnership ceremony
We can help you create a special ceremony to celebrate your civil partnership.
Visit A Kentish Ceremony website for information about civil partnership ceremonies, booking a venue and suppliers.
Fees are payable for:
- notice of partnership
- attendance of registration staff at the ceremony (including a non-refundable booking confirmation fee to guarantee your chosen date and time)
- a rehearsal or pre-partnership meeting (optional)
- civil partnership certificate(s).
View the fees and terms and conditions for civil partnership registrations and ceremonies.
Convert your civil partnership into a marriage
You can also convert your existing civil partnership into a marriage.