European settlement scheme
If you’re a European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to get either settled or pre-settled status.
This will mean you can continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020, and you will have until 30 June 2021 to apply for either settled or pre-settled status.
We are one of the local authorities supporting EU, EEA and Swiss citizens complete the ID verification part of the process.
Information on who is required to apply for pre-settled or settled status can be found on the National Government website.
There will be no change to current rights under EU law until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020.
To be able to apply, you will need to scan and verify your identity via a compatible Android phone or tablet using your near field communication (NFC) or ‘EU Exit: ID Document Check’ app.
If your mobile phone or other device doesn’t have NFC you can come into one of our six offices, where it can be scanned and verified for you. You will then be able to make an application for pre-settled or settled status.
What to bring with you
This is a walk in service available Monday to Friday between the hours of 10am and 4pm - no appointments can be booked. You may need to wait for a member of staff to be available before you can be seen. When attending you must bring:
- your current valid biometric EU, EEA or Swiss passport or a valid Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) for family members of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
- a mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email
- the cost of the EU Settlement Service in person £14, and payable by cash only.
Only the ID documents listed above can be checked by us. If you do not have one of these ID documents then please visit the National Government website for your options.
We will not need to keep your ID document and in most cases you should not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during your application for pre-settled or settled status.
- Canterbury Registration Office, Wellington House, 4 St Stephens Road, Canterbury, CT2 7RD
- Dartford Registration Office, The Manor Gatehouse, Priory Road, Dartford, DA1 1BJ
- Maidstone Register Office, The Archbishops Palace, Mill Street, Maidstone, ME15 6YE
- Ramsgate Registration Office, Aberdeen House, 68 Ellington Road, CT11 9ST
- Tunbridge Wells Registration Office, The Mansion House, 39 Grove Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1EP
- Bexley Register Office, Danson House, Danson Park, Danson Road, Bexleyheath, DA6 8HL
The cost of the EU Settlement Service in person is £14, and payable by cash only.