License your venue
Kent County Council licenses Kent venues for civil marriages and civil partnerships. A venue licence needs to be renewed every 3 years.
Suitable venues and regulations
Venues, including gazebos, must be a permanent structure and must fulfil the licence requirements and conditions. Temporary structures, such as marquees, cannot be licensed.
Before you apply, read the licensing information booklet (PDF, 383.5 KB) which includes venue and gazebo regulations and licence conditions.
The below figures are for a 3 year licence:
- 1 ceremony room: £2,000
- All additional ceremony rooms/areas: £100 each (at time of initial application)
- Adding an additional ceremony room during 3 year licence: £500
- Appeal against refusal of licence/ licence conditions/ decision to revoke: £1,000
Apply for a licence
Before you begin the process, we can inspect your venue for free. We can give you advice about your venue before you submit a formal application.
If you would like a free inspection of your venue contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03000 41 40 03.
You can apply for a venue licence or change a current licence online by visiting GOV.UK:
You can apply for a venue licence by post:
- Complete the application form to license a venue for civil marriages and civil partnerships (PDF, 164.6 KB).
- Return to Sarah Manston, The Archbishops Palace, Mill Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6YE.
Make sure that you have included all of the required documents listed in the application form with your application.
I don't agree with a decision
If your application has been declined, you have the right to have a review of the decision.
If you would like to have a review of the decision contact us on 03000 41 40 03 or email@example.com.
Current venue licence applications in Kent
You can view a list of the current venue licence applications we have received.
If you have any questions about applying for a venue licence contact us by calling 03000 41 40 03 or firstname.lastname@example.org.