Kent Youth County Council campaigns
Each year the elected Kent Youth County Council members vote for 3 campaigns to focus on throughout the year, these are chosen from the campaign list. The campaigns that our members vote for are important to Kent's young people. The elected members work hard to influence Kent County Council and other communities to bring about a change.
Campaigns for 2019
Curriculum for life
We believe schools should cover topics including finance, first aid, sex and relationships and politics.
Curriculum for life is a national campaign to implement and improve the standard and delivery of Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE). This was elected as a priority in both the KYCC and UK Youth Parliament elections with support from the UK Government. KYCC would like all head teachers to sign our pledge to implement a curriculum for life in their schools.
- download the pledge (PDF, 129.4 KB)
- what is curriculum for life presentation for Kent headteachers (PDF, 852.4 KB)
- introduction to UK Politics (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- financing for life (PDF, 1.5 MB)
We want more support to be provided to tackle bullying behaviour online and offline and to improve education for young people on internet safety.
- anti-bullying detox leaflet (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- anti-bullying training booklet (PDF, 566.7 KB)
- cyber bullying policy (PDF, 73.1 KB)
We want mental health services to be improved. We should all learn about common mental health issues at school and learn how to maintain good health and wellbeing.
The campaign has created some useful resources for schools and youth clubs, including an assembly and lesson to be used in schools across Kent, and a directory of mental health services across the county which is designed for secondary-school age pupils. We have also created our own recommendations to schools and councils on mental health education from our research across Kent.
- mental health services directory (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- mental health lesson presentation (PDF, 890.2 KB)
- mental health lesson plan (DOCX, 100.8 KB)
- mental health assembly presentation (PPTX, 3.1 MB)
- KYCC mental health education recommendations to schools and local authorities (PDF, 352.3 KB).