Trading goods with the EU
New rules are now in place
The UK has now left the single market and customs union and there are steps that your business needs to take to meet the new rules.
We ran a series of events to answer questions around the new rules and how they affect the way your business trades with the EU.
The process for importing and exporting goods has changed and your business needs to be ready.
Guidance for exporting certain products
For more information about how the new rules affect how certain goods are exported to the EU, read our guidance documents below:
- cosmetics guidance document (PDF, 146.3 KB)
- food guidance document (PDF, 205.9 KB)
- product safety guidance document (PDF, 134.2 KB).
If you need more personalised advice for your business, get in touch with Trading Standards.
More business advice
For more advice relating to the new rules visit one of the following websites:
- Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce
- Department for International Trade
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Business Companion
- GOV.UK - Haulier advice site locations
- Food Standards Agency
- HMRC - general enquiries about imports and exports
- European Commission Trade Helpdesk
- Free webinars from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
This document also explains the phased approach to the new requirements for trading with the EU (PDF, 171.6 KB).
Join the Trading Standards mailing list
Get information about events, changes in legislation and general advice and support direct to your inbox.