Brexit advice for residents

The UK Government’s page on how to prepare for Brexit if you live in the UK includes information on:

UK nationals living in the EU

Information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) and European Free Trade Area (EFTA), and Switzerland is available on the GOV.UK website.

EU nationals living in the UK

The UK government has reached an agreement with the EU that will protect the rights of EU citizens and their family members living in the UK. It has also reached an agreement with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and a separate agreement with Switzerland.

These agreements mean that most citizens from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland will need to apply to stay in the UK. They can then continue living their lives here as they do now.

To check whether this applies to you, use GOV.UK's tool for EU citizens who wish to live in the UK after Brexit. You can also find out about the steps involved in achieving settled status. You can apply for settled status at one of the 6 Kent Registration Offices offering the service.