Local Sustainable Transport Fund - Kent Connected
Kent Connected is working towards making sustainable travel easier for Kent residents.
We are developing a journey planning tool that will show all the different transport options available to help you plan your door to door journey in and around Kent.
It will show you real-time travel information such as congestion and updated public transport times.
By travelling sustainably you can:
- improve your impact on the environment
- save time
- save money
- improve your health.
Find out more at kentconnected.org
Kent Connected has been funded by the Local Sustainable Transport Fund
For schools and businesses
We are working to:
- promote sustainable travel to schools and businesses
- reduce carbon emissions, pollution, congestion through use of sustainable travel
- increase physical activity, improve health and save time and money for Kent residents.
The initiatives we are involved with for schools and businesses include:
- Brompton bike hire
- cycle 2 work scheme info
- eco-driver training for businesses (Email email@example.com if you are interested)
- Kent Smarter Travel Challenge (finished 2015)
- Schools Smarter Travel Challenge
- travel plans
- responsible parking schools initiative for primary schools and secondary schools.
Public transport involvement
We are working to improve public transport for Kent residents by:
- promoting sustainable transport options to employees of Kent businesses and unemployed job-seekers traveling to interviews or job opportunities
- smart ticketing/ smart cards
Offering grants for sustainable travel
For schools and businesses we will be offering grants for sustainable travel for initiatives including cycle training, travel plans, health and well-being. Find out more about:
We are working to improve sustainable travel routes across Kent with:
- wayfinding signs
- transport interchange improvements
- cycle route improvements
- bus stop improvements.
Read our bid documents for the Local Sustainable Transport Fund.
- Local Sustainable Transport Fund bid (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Endorsements for LSTF bid (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Support from South East Local Enterprise Partnership (PDF, 206.6 KB)
- Scheme impact pro-formas (PDF, 49.9 KB)
For more information on our projects email firstname.lastname@example.org.