Active travel strategy
Our Active Travel Strategy aims to make active travel an attractive and realistic choice for short journeys in Kent. By developing and promoting accessible, safer and well-planned active travel opportunities, this strategy will help to establish Kent as a pioneering county for active travel.
For any enquiries relating to active travel please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is active travel?
Active travel means walking or cycling as a means of transport in order to get to a particular destination such as work, the shops or to visit friends. It does not cover walking and cycling done purely for pleasure, for health reasons, or simply walking the dog. Active travel can be for complete journeys or parts of a journey.
What are the benefits?
Active travel can:
- improve health
- save money
- reduce traffic congestion
- increase levels of physical activity
- improve air quality.
What can you do?
- consider how you currently travel: have you thought about parking or getting off the bus ten minutes away from where you’re going and walking the last bit?
- take part in the Kent Workplace Travel Challenge by logging your journeys.
- use Kent Connected to see how you could incorporate Active Travel into your journey.
- become a Sustrans Ranger or Community Route Champion and help us look after our off road cycle network
- follow @KentSchoolRun on Twitter.