Kent Environment Strategy
A strategy for environment, health and economy
Kent faces unprecedented growth and change over the coming decades. The Kent Environment Strategy (KES) recognises and addresses the challenges and opportunities that this will bring.
Working together through the strategy and across sectors, the task is to continue to support economic growth whilst protecting and enhancing our natural and historic environment and creating and sustaining communities that are vibrant, healthy and resilient.
A shared vision and successful collaborations will result in actions that will ensure that Kent is a place of choice to live, work and visit.
The 2016 strategy has 3 themes:
- building the foundations for delivery
- making best use of existing resources, avoiding or minimising negative impacts
- working towards a sustainable future.
What we’ve achieved so far
Together partners, communities and businesses have been working to enhance and make the most of Kent’s environmental benefits.
We update our performance indicators, as well as latest status and trends, each quarter.
We measure how residents perceive, use and prioritise different aspects of the environment.
- Public perception survey 2020 (PDF, 710.9 KB)
- Public perception survey 2018 (PDF, 860.0 KB)
- Public perception survey 2016 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Public perception survey 2015 (PDF, 2.35MB)
We summarise some of the KES activities that have taken place, and the impact these actions are having.
- Impact report 2018 (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Impact report 2017 (PDF, 307.6 KB)
- Impact Report 2011 - 2016 (PDF, 323.0 KB)
We report on the progress that has been made under each activity in the implementation plan.
- Implementation plan progress report 2018 (PDF, 425.7 KB)
- Implementation plan progress report 2017 (PDF, 233.6 KB)
Other published reports
- Climate Local Kent 2014 (PDF, 1.4 MB) – Kent partners progress report for 2014
- Climate Change Behavioural Insights (PDF, 1.1 MB) - this is an executive summary of the report. For the full version, please email KES@Kent.gov.uk
Work on the Kent Environment Strategy is supported by PASSAGE which is identifying and developing opportunities to collaboratively develop low carbon policies in the Dover Strait area.
Read the strategies
- The Kent Environment Strategy (PDF, 1.5 MB) - a strategy for environment and economy in Kent.
- The Kent Environment Strategy (DOCX, 417.4 KB)- a Word version of the report for accessibility software purposes
- The Kent Environment Strategy: Implementation Plan 2017 (PDF, 379.5 KB) - read how partners are delivering the strategy
- Kent State of the Environment Report: evidence base supporting the strategy (PDF, 2.8 MB)