Kent Environment Strategy
A strategy for environment, health and economy
Kent faces unprecedented growth and change over the coming decades. The Kent Environment Strategy recognises and addresses the challenges and opportunities that this will bring.
Working together through the strategy and across sectors, the task is to continue to support economic growth whilst protecting and enhancing our natural and historic environment and creating and sustaining communities that are vibrant, healthy and resilient.
A shared vision and successful collaborations will result in actions that will ensure that Kent is a place of choice to live, work and visit.
The 2016 strategy has three themes:
- Building the foundations for delivery
- Making best use of existing resources, avoiding or minimising negative impacts
- Working towards a sustainable future
What we’ve achieved so far
Together partners, communities and businesses have been working to enhance and make the most of Kent’s environmental benefits.
See our latest reports:
- Impact report 2017 (PDF, 307.6 KB), which summarises the activity that has been taken since the Kent Environment Strategy was launched in 2016, and identifies the impact these actions are having.
- Implementation plan progress report 2017 (PDF, 233.6 KB), which describes the progress that has been made under each activity in the implementation plan.
- Publication perception survey 2018 (PDF, 860.0 KB) - how residents perceive, use and prioritise different aspects of the environment.
- Impact Report 2011 - 2016 (PDF, 323.0 KB)
- Public Perception Survey 2015 (PDF, 2.35MB)
- Climate Local Kent 2014 (PDF, 1.4 MB) – Kent partners progress report for 2014
- Mid-term report (PDF, 400.7 KB) - implementation plan progress report from May 2014
- The implementation plan 2013-2015 (PDF, 2.3 MB).
Work on the Kent Environment Strategy is supported by PASSAGE which is identifying and developing opportunities to collaboratively develop low carbon policies in the Dover Strait area.
Read the strategies
- The Kent Environment Strategy (PDF, 1.5 MB) - a strategy for environment and economy in Kent.
- The Kent Environment Strategy (DOCX, 417.4 KB)- a Word version of the report for accessibility software purposes
- The Kent Environment Strategy: Implementation Plan 2017 (PDF, 379.5 KB) - read how partners are delivering the strategy
- Kent State of the Environment Report: evidence base supporting the strategy (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Public Perception survey 2016 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Consultation report (PDF, 284KB): a summary of responses to the consultation on the strategy which ran from 27 July to 25 September 2015.
- Full details of the consultation