Rights of Way Improvement Plan
The Rights of Way Improvement Plan aims to provide a high quality, well maintained public rights of way network, that will:
- support the Kent economy;
- encourage active lifestyles and sustainable travel choices;
- and contribute to making Kent a great place to live, work and visit.
- an overview of the current state of access to the countryside in Kent;
- the key objectives to improve the public rights of way network over the next 10 years.
The plan assesses the extent to which the public rights of way network meets the present and likely future need to the public in:
- contributing towards more sustainable development;
- delivering active travel options;
- providing opportunities for exercise, leisure and open-air recreation.
It also looks to address the accessibility issues and other barriers that the visually impaired, those with mobility problems and under-represented groups face when using the public rights of way network.