Our workplace disability action plan
We're committed to being an inclusive employer and creating a culture where anyone can succeed.
Our workplace disability action plan has 3 themes:
- Increase representation rates of disabled staff to better reflect the communities we serve.
- Develop a culture where disabled staff and prospective employees are able to reach their full potential.
- Engage and listen to disabled staff when making workplace decisions.
Each theme has several goals.
To better reflect the communities we serve, we will:
- promote the importance of existing staff declaring their disabilities
- improve our recruitment and onboarding process for staff members with disabilities
- improve workforce planning to increase team diversity
- increase diversity in our graduate programmes and apprenticeships.
To create a culture where no one is left behind we will:
- promote the lived experiences and contributions of disabled staff internally and externally
- celebrate International Day of People with Disabilities and explore issues identified
- bring in inspiring external speakers to speak to employee engagement groups
- introduce an Inclusion Passport
- renew our Disability Confident standards.
We'll be working with 'Level Playing FIeld', our staff group for people with disabilities, to:
- organise a 'Safe Space' workshop for our management teams
- improve our process for requesting reasonable adjustments at work
- encourage staff members with disabilities to engage with our wider strategy work.