Draft 5 Year Plan
The 5 Year Plan (our strategic statement) is our flagship strategy. It unites the council with clear outcomes and objectives.
Tell us what you think and help make Kent the best place to live, work, play, learn and invest in.
Read the video transcript.
Over the past 5 months we have been listening to:
- Kent residents
- young people
- voluntary and community sector organisations
- our staff
- our partners across public services.
We have heard about what is important to quality of life in Kent and what people’s priorities are.
Based on what we have heard, we have developed a draft plan. The plan shapes what we will do, what we will prioritise spending money on and how we will work together with our partners over the next 5 years.
The plan sets out 7 draft outcomes for Kent:
Each outcome has a set of more specific objectives that we will work with partners to deliver. We will also stand up for Kent’s interests with government.
Now we are keen to hear your thoughts about it so we can make changes before publishing the final version.
Tell us what you think
We recommend that you read our 5 Year Plan consultation document (PDF, 678.4 KB) before responding to the consultation questionnaire.
We’d like to hear your views on:
- how well the 7 draft outcomes reflect what is important to your quality of life
- how well the draft objectives will help us to deliver each of these outcomes.
The consultation will close on 17 February 2020.
If you can't complete the questionnaire online, use the Word version of the questionnaire (DOCX, 175.7 KB)
- our 5 Year Plan consultation document (PDF, 678.4 KB)
- our 5 Year Plan easy read consultation document and questionnaire (PDF version) (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- our 5 Year Plan easy read consultation document and questionnaire (Word version) (DOCX, 10.2 MB)
- equality impact assessment (PDF, 331.3 KB).
If you need any of the consultation materials in an alternative format or language please email email@example.com or call 03000 42 15 53 (text relay service number: 18001 03000 42 15 53). This number goes to an answering machine, which is monitored during office hours.