Being Digital Strategy
We want to help people to achieve the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes, living independent and fulfilling lives in their own homes and communities by using digital innovation and technology.
The strategy is built around 5 themes:
- People: enabling people to do more for themselves and make use of intelligent information, tools and apps to increase their independence and improve their quality of life.
- Place: transforming the way services are delivered across all settings by improving connectivity and using innovative technology.
- Practice: developing a more productive, capable and confident workforce by ensuring employees have the right digital tools and information and can work flexibly.
- Product: empowering and enabling service users to live more fulfilling and independent lives by utilising more advanced and innovative products where appropriate.
- Partnership: delivering better outcomes for people by enabling key partners to more easily collaborate, innovate and share information.
It describes the changes which will be put in place over the next few years to complement more traditional forms of care and support. Technology will not be a replacement for care, however we believe it can bring improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and help improve the overall quality of care.
We also stand a better chance of realising the objectives of Your Life, Your Wellbeing - a vision and strategy for Adult Social Care 2016 – 2021, by turning the ideas in the Being Digital Strategy into reality.