Corporate Director Adult Social Care and Health (interim)
Roles and responsibilities
Richard's main responsibilities are to:
- discharge the statutory obligations of the Director of Adult Social Services, working in partnership to enable integration of health and social care provision. Ensuring the delivery of the government's Five Year Forward View on the future of health and social care
- identify, lead and commission strategies to deliver the council’s and government’s vision for the provision of health and social care to adults, children and young people with a disability. To ensure all relevant partnerships across Kent are working together to meet the needs of the people living in Kent
- provide strategic support for safeguarding bodies; ensuring that adult’s safeguarding is a corporate priority that protects vulnerable adults from abuse or risk of abuse
- working in partnership with health, housing, independent sector providers and voluntary and community organisations to commission and provide inclusive person centred care and support within the local communities in Kent
- act as the council’s lead Caldicott Guardian; ensuring that the principles are incorporated into the council’s policies, procedures and practice.
Richard was appointed as the Interim Corporate Director for Adult Social Care and Health in April 2020 and holds the statutory function of the Director of Adult Social Services (DASS) for the council, with responsibility for the social care and support needs for the vulnerable adults of Kent.
Richard has a wealth of experience working in both local authority and voluntary sector settings as well as across the wider health arena. He has also been responsible for leading on a range of major transformation projects and most recently has overseen the successful implementation of the new adult social care case management system for the council.
Salary and expenses
View salaries and a breakdown of all expenses claimed by our directors for the current and previous financial year.
Our expenses policy applies to all staff.