Targets (Towards 2010)
Kent - your county, your future
Our promises to you
Towards 2010 was launched in September 2006. It's main goals
- Increased prosperity for Kent through business growth and job
- Transformation in education
- Reduced congestion
- Improved health and quality of life
- Quality homes in a well-managed environment
- A safer Kent
- Continued improvements in services while keeping council tax
The Towards 2010 document was accompanied by action plans that set out how we intended to
meet these ambitious targets over the four years of its term (2006
The Towards 2010 term ended in September 2010.
Our Annual reports show the first
three years of progress against the 63 targets.
The fourth and final report
'The Towards 2010 Closedown Report' (PDF,832k) sets out
the incredible successes achieved.
The final status of the 63 Towards 2010 targets is as
Completed – 49 targets
Good progress – 13 targets (20%)
Not achieved – 1 target (2%).