Facts and figures
Research and Evaluation
monitors, collects and processes a wide range of data which can be
broadly categorised into the six main topic areas listed
below. We also produce cross-cutting
research reports and area profiles
which include items from all of these topic areas. For a quick
simple overview of the most frequently requested information about
Kent please see
Kent in a nutshell (PDF, 662k)
1. Population and census
- access social profiles of your local area
- read 2001 Census theme bulletins
- look at current population estimates
- look at projected future populations
- look at the family structure of Kent residents
- look at data to support the former Kent
2. The economy and the labour
- discover latest unemployment figures
- find out the numbers of employees by industrial sector
- look at average earnings
- read about the Indices of Deprivation 2010 for England
- find out how the county of Kent scores in the national rank of
- find out how many Kent households are in
- find out how many Kent households are in fuel poverty
4. Land use monitoring: housing and
- discover the number of house completions and the rate of
- find out about Kent's housing stock, prices and vacancies
- discover how much industrial and business floorspace
development there is in Kent
- learn land use has changed over time
5. Equalities and Diversity
- what are the characteristics which are protected by the
- what information do we have to support equalities and diversity
6. Energy and Emissions
- How much energy do we use in Kent?
- Have we reduced our carbon emissions in Kent?
- Can we improve our energy efficiency?
Can't find what you are looking for?
We cannot publish all of our data here, so please contact us to
see if we can help further with your research.