Applying for Bus passes and disabled parking badges at Ashford
You are eligible for a free bus pass if you are resident in Kent
You are of state pensionable age - for both men and women, the
age at which you become eligible is tied to changes in the state
pension age for women.
state pension age calculator.
Or have one of the following disabilities:
- Are blind or partially sighted
- Are profoundly or severely deaf
- Are without speech
- Have a disability or have suffered an injury which has a
substantial and long-term effect on your ability to walk
- Do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both
- Have a learning disability
- Would be refused a drivers’ licence due to physical fitness on
grounds other than persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol
Find out how to apply.
Disabled parking badge
The Blue Badge scheme allows severely disabled people and those
with mobility problems to park closer to shops and amenities by
displaying the Blue Badge in their car.
This allows them to park in areas within towns and cities that
are restricted to other road users.
Applying for a new badge or renewing your existing
You can apply online,
collect a form from Ashford Gateway Plus or call an
advisor on 01622 605020.