Highways advice for planning applications
We can provide advice on planning applications that will have an affect on any part of the highway. This can be for a small single building proposal to a large major housing development. We charge a fee for this service.
You will need to include:
- confirmation of the existing use of the site, including planning application history where appropriate
- sketch plans and description of the proposal
- scoping for Transport Statement or Transport Assessment, if required by the scale of the development
- any other information critical to the consideration of the proposal at this pre-application stage
- written confirmation that the charge will be paid within 14 days of an invoice.
Send completed forms and the required information to:
Kent County Council, Highways and Transportation, Transport and Development Planning Team, Ashford Highway Depot, Henwood Industrial Estate, 4 Javelin Way, Ashford, Kent, TN24 8AD.
The fee depends on the type and size of the proposal and covers:
- a single site visit
- an indication of the appropriate highway policies, standards and guidance against which the proposal will be assessed
- if requested, a single face to face meeting on site, at our offices or at district council offices
- a written response within 21 days of receipt of the fee, or within 21 days of the meeting
- a recheck of the scheme following any revisions.
Meetings will be arranged within 10 working days of our receipt of the payment.
For residential planning permission:
|Number of dwellings||Cost (excluding VAT)|
|1 to 5||£250|
|6 to 10||£500|
|11 to 25||£750|
|26 to 50||£1000|
|51 to 80||£1500|
|81 to 200||£2040|
|201 to 500||£2550|
|501 to 1000||£3060|
|1001 or more||£4080|
For commercial and retail planning permission:
|Gross floor area||Cost (excluding VAT)|
|up to 100m2||£250|
|101m2 to 500m2||£510|
|501m2 to 1000m2||£765|
|1001m2 to 2000m2||£1020|
|2001m2 to 7500m2||£1530|
|7501m2 to 10,000m2||£2040|
|10,001m2 to 15,000m2||£2550|
|15,001m2 to 25,000m2||£3570|
|25,001m2 or more||£5100|