Policies, forms and guides for the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
We have the following specific Kent documents to help you handle your Mental Capacity Act work.
- Mental Capacity Assessment for complex decisions (DOC, 693.0 KB)
- Mental Capacity Assessment for less complex decisions (DOC, 459.5 KB)
- Best Interests meeting form (DOC, 480.5 KB)
- LIN guidance on restraint (PDF, 28.8 KB)
- House of Lords report - Mental Capacity Act 2005: post-legislative scrutiny
- Valuing every voice, respecting every right - Making the case for the Mental Capacity Act
- The Law Commission report March 2017
- Coroners rules April 2017
The MCA Code of Practice and the MCA "making decisions" and independent advocacy booklets are all available from the Ministry of Justice.