Safeguarding Adult Reviews
Safeguarding Adult Reviews are not inquiries into how someone died or suffered injury, or to find out who is responsible.
- look at any lessons we can learn from the case about the way all local professionals and agencies worked together
- review the effectiveness of our safeguarding adults policy and protocols
- inform and improve local safeguarding practice for all agencies involved
- deliver an overview report and recommendations for future action.
Procedure for Safeguarding Adult Reviews
Do not use this form to report abuse. If you have concerns about an adult, visit our report abuse page.
Case audit process
The Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board has developed a multi agency audit process (PDF, 131.7 KB) which can be used to review a case which does not meet the Safeguarding Adult Review (SAR) criteria, but where it is agreed by the core group that a multi agency audit would be beneficial, to scope areas of improvement and to determine if there are lessons to be learnt.
These documents have been anonymised. Any names included in these documents are fictitious.
- Mrs Beryl Simpson - executive summary (PDF, 355.4 KB)
- Mrs Violet Hughes - executive summary (PDF, 436.9 KB)
- Mrs C - executive summary (PDF, 387.7 KB)
- Mrs D - executive summary (PDF, 405.7 KB)
- MS - executive summary (PDF, 273.0 KB), overview report (PDF, 656.9 KB)
- Mrs G - executive summary (PDF, 715.7 KB) and action plan (PDF, 409.7 KB)
- Mr J - June 2013 (PDF, 28.3 KB)
- A and B - April 2009 (PDF, 57.7 KB)
- AB - April 2007
- S - 2005 (PDF, 36.8 KB)
- D - 2003 (PDF, 71.2 KB)