Early Help (support for families)
We provide services for families to help them to do well, stay safe and resolve problems at the earliest possible opportunity, before they become more serious. You can access these services locally at a time and place that suits you.
We provide a range of services to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of children, young people and families in Kent.
For example, we can offer support if:
- you are worried about your child's behaviour
- you are struggling to cope
- you are worried about your family finances
- your child is struggling to cope with bereavement
- your child is being bullied
- your child refuses to go to school or college
- you or your child want to develop new friends and have new experiences
- you are having difficulties with family relationships
To find out more about what support is available, you can contact:
- your child's school or nursery
- your health visitor or midwife
- your local children’s centre or youth hub
- HeadStart, who support young people to cope better with difficult circumstances before they become serious issues
- outdoor education centres
- support services for people suffering domestic abuse
- support services for carers
- support services for young carers.
Your child's school can help if there is an issue with your child's school attendance and can arrange for support from us if it is needed.
You can also find out more about:
- services available for young people
- services available for children and pre-school provision
- activities outside school
- keeping you and your child safe
- volunteering with children, families and young people
- working for our service
- other types of care and support available
- services available for domestic abuse.
Information about our family support services is also available in alternative formats and can be explained in a range of languages. Call 03000 41 41 41 for details.
We'll work with you to:
- identify what you would like to achieve
- decide what type of support would suit you best
- agree the next steps
- agree when you have achieved what you wanted and our support is no longer needed.
The conversations you have with us will, with your agreement, be recorded and held electronically to assist us in providing you with the most effective support. You will be given copies of the information to review and keep.