Changes to your home care services
Sometimes we need to make changes to how we provide services to you. If we do, we will tell you about them here.
Home care tender
Home care services are provided by care workers to people in their own home, so they can be supported to live independently and can manage activities of daily living.
Home care services are delivered by private companies on our behalf. We arrange these services through home care contracts.
We reviewed and re-let these contracts in 2014, keen to ensure the services provided were of a good quality, were value for money and supported you to live as independently as possible in your own home.
Good home care services should:
- support people to take greater control of their lives by providing them with the skills to maintain a good quality of life
- help people to develop and retain skills to enable them to maintain independent, fulfilling lives for as long as possible
- put the person (and their primary carer or family) at the centre of decisions about how they are supported and cared for
- be provided in such a way that the person feels involved, secure and confident in the care and support delivered to them.
The home care contracts were awarded on the 2 June 2014 for a one year period and have now been extended in accordance with the provision to extend, which was highlighted at the start of the tender.
From June 2015, one provider opted not to extend their contracts. We also chose not to extend contracts with some home care agencies due to concerns over quality. In some cases, due to the quality issues identified, this has led to us terminating some home care contracts.
The majority of people who receive a home care service will not be affected by these changes. Where home care agencies change, if your care and support arrangements are affected, we will write to you to explain and advise on the next steps.
If you have a question about the changes or if you would like the information in an alternative format or a different language you can:
- call: 03000 41 61 61 and select option 1 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm)
- text relay: 18001 03000 41 61 61
- email email@example.com