Safer driving means being aware of the consequences of your
By changing the way you drive, there is less risk to you, your
passengers, and other road users.
Driving a car, van or lorry requires maximum concentration.
Sitting behind the wheel of a ton of metal, travelling at speed
only a few metres from other road users is a huge
Yet many drivers treat the responsibility, and risks, of driving
far too lightly, and sadly, people are still dying and being
injured because drivers are:
- driving too fast
- driving too close to the vehicle in front
- driving whilst using a mobile phone
- driving under the influence of drink or drugs
- driving inappropriately for the conditions - rain, ice
and winter sun
- not ensuring that everyone is wearing a seat belt.
We work hard to warn drivers of the consequences of poor
driving, and we want to change drivers' attitudes in the
We are getting our message across through:
Our aim is to significantly reduce the number of people killed
or injured because of inappropriate driving.