National Driver Alertness Course
As an alternative to prosecution for certain road traffic
incidents, the police may offer you a National Driver
Alertness Course instead of court action being taken.
Drivers that attend appropriate training significantly reduce
their chances of being involved in a crash and of being caught for
the same offence in the next two to three years.
Booking a National Driver Alertness Course
If you have been offered the option of a National Driver
Alertness Course by the police and would like to book a place in
Kent, or you require further information, call 0300 333 5539,
quoting National Driver Alertness Course.
Attending the course
You can attend only one National Driver Alertness Course
in three years. Any further offending will be dealt with
Important information about booking and attending a course in
- You can only book onto National Driver Alertness Course in Kent
by calling 0300 333 5539.
- The course fee is currently £165 and the course fee is
- The scheme is delivered by staff with professional driver
training backgrounds and follows national guidelines. Kent Police
do not take part in the course
- You must bring your driving licence and photo
identification to prove your identity
- If you have a photocard licence you must bring both the card
and paper counterpart
- If you have an old style paper licence you are required to
bring photo identification too, for example your passport
- You will fail the course before it starts if you cannot prove
- Each course lasts one day and deals with up to 20
people in the same situation as you
- The course is a mixture of discussion in a classroom type
setting and practical driving
- If you arrive late it is likely that you will be refused entry,
meaning you would fail the course
- The Kent training centre is in Maidstone
- The course is not a driving test, but you can fail it by not
participating positively or by missing parts of the course, for
example by arriving late or by driving in an unsafe manner
causing your practical drive to be ended by the instructor.
- You will be provided with a fully insured modern car for the
practical driving sessions. If you have a particular need and
your own car is adapted for those needs, it can be used after
approval by us
- We provide drinks and a light buffet lunch
For more information and a list of service providers nationwide,
visit the National
Association of Driver Intervention Providers website.