Park and Ride
Ride schemes in Kent are run by the district or borough
They provide a cheaper and faster way for visitors to get
to the town centre.
There are two Park and Ride schemes in Kent:
What is Park and Ride?
A Park and Ride scheme allows you to park your vehicle in a car
park outside town, and then use a special, frequent bus service to
get into the town centre.
Why use Park and Ride?
The advantages of Park and Ride schemes for road users are:
- less time spent in traffic and trying to park
- usually much cheaper than town centre car parks
- Park and Ride buses use bus lanes and often have priority at
- driver and passengers can travel on a single ticket.
The benefits for residents and the local authorities are:
- less congestion
- less nuisance parking
- safer roads
- less noise and pollution - better environment
- less damage to historic buildings from traffic.