Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and
It allows people to have the convenience of the car, but at the
same time helps to reduce congestion and pollution.
What are the benefits of sharing a car?
Car sharing has a number of benefits for individuals,
organisations, the community and the environment, such as:
- saves you money - travelling with others enables you to reduce
your transport costs by up to £1,000 a year
- reduces the number of cars on the roads - resulting in less
congestion, less pollution and fewer parking problems
- provides a real solution to the transport problems of rural
- gives employees and employers more transport options
- reduces the need for a private car
- if half of UK motorists received a lift one day a week,
congestion and pollution would be reduced by 10%, and traffic jams
How do I share journeys in Kent?
If you want to find opportunities for car sharing, and other
journeys you make, visit the Kentjourneyshare
Kentjourneyshare is a free, simple and secure scheme that
enables you to register your car, bike, taxi and walk journey and
find others to share the costs.