Blue Badge scheme
The Blue Badge scheme is for people with severe mobility
problems. Having a Blue Badge helps you park closer to where you
need to go.
Apply for a Blue Badge
If you live in
Bromley or Bexley, please visit
their websites as they run their own schemes.
After applying online
You’ll receive an email with:
- A reference number
- A list of the documents you need to send
Please print the email and send it to us with your
If you can’t print the email please enclose a letter
with the reference number on when you send your documents and
Please allow at least 8 weeks for us to process
We will send your form back to you if it isn't fully completed
or you haven't sent us the proper documents.
Back to top
Applying on someone’s behalf
If you are completing the form on someone else's behalf, you may
sign it for them. Please put your relationship to the
applicant in the relevant boxes on the form.
Back to top
£10. You can:
- pay online if you apply online
- pay by cheque or by telephone if you apply by post
What to send with your Blue Badge application
With your form you must send:
- 1 recent passport size photograph
- cheque for £10 made payable to Kent County Council (unless
you choose to pay bytelephone)
- a copy of a document that confirms your address. This must be
dated within the last 12 months (please see the application form
for more information)
- a copy of a document that proves your identity (please see the
application form for more information).
- If you automatically qualify because of a benefit you receive,
you must include proof of that benefit.
If you do not have any of these, please email us at
email@example.com. We will be happy to discuss this
with you before you submit your application.
Blue Badge eligibility
You can check
online whether you’re eligible for a Blue Badge, or use our
You automatically qualify for a Blue Badge if any of the below
- You receive higher rate mobility component of Disability Living
- You receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement.
- You receive armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) award,
tariffs 1-8 and have been assessed by the Service Personnel and
Veterans Agency (SPVA) as having a permanent and substantial
disability that causes inability to walk or very considerable
- You are registered as blind under the National Assistance Act
1948 (partially sighted people do not automatically qualify).
You may qualify for a Blue Badge if
- You have a child under 3 years old and need to transport
medical equipment or always be near a vehicle so they can be
treated or driven to a place to receive treatment for a permanent
- You drive a vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both
arms and can’t operate or have considerable difficulty operating
- Have a permanent and substantial disability which affects your
mobility and means you have considerable difficulty in
We will ask you to provide recent medical evidence to verify
your level of disability. If we can’t make a decision based on your
application, we may ask you to attend an Independent Mobility
Assessment. This will be carried out by a qualified professional
and is free. It is not a medical assessment and will
assess your mobility specifically.
If you are receiving treatment from a hospice, they should use
their official stamp on the address section of the form so we can
prioritise the application. Please contact your hospice for more
Blue Badges for organisations
If your organisation caters for people with severe mobility
problems you can apply for a Blue Badge
Renew your Blue Badge
You go through the same process when renewing as you would
if applying for the first time. It takes at least 8 weeks
to get your new badge. It is your
responsibility to renew your Blue Badge.
Please ensure you apply for a new Blue Badge at least 8 weeks
before your old badge runs out but no more than 3 months.
Lost, stolen or replacement Blue Badges
All replacements cost £10.
If you lose your badge or it's stolen:
- first report it to the police, who'll give you a crime or lost
- then contact us for a replacement form by emailing
calling 01622 605 020
You can also report a lost or
stolen badge online but will still need a
If your badge is faded or you've changed
name contact us for a replacement form.
Using your Blue Badge
- Only you can use your Blue Badge and you are responsible for
- Make sure it’s displayed properly so people can see it.
- It is illegal to use your badge after the expiry date shown on
- You may be fined up to £1000 or lose your badge if you don’t
stick to the law. Find out more on the Department for
Misuse of Blue Badges
If you see a badge being misused, please email the team at
so that we can investigate. Please include the location,
description of the driver, vehicle registration and badge number.
We will deal with all information confidentially.
Order holders and parking clocks
You can buy a Blue Badge holder to store and display your
badge for £2.50. Parking clocks and tax disc holders also
Fill in an order form for holders and parking clocks (PDF