Kent Freedom Pass

The Kent Freedom Pass has been replaced by the young person's travel pass. If you were due to renew your freedom pass, read the renew information about the young person's travel pass.

Lost, stolen or damaged passes

To get a replacement pass please contact us with your child’s name, address and school.


Call: 03000 41 84 84.

Cost: £10 per replacement

Pay: by debit or credit card if you call us. Or send us a cheque or postal order with your child’s name, address and school (made payable to Kent County Council).

You can have 3 replacement passes per school year.

Temporary passes

We’ll send a temporary pass to your home for your child to show the driver whilst you’re waiting for your replacement.

We’ll send the replacement pass to the school before the temporary one runs out.

Using the Kent Freedom pass

You can use your pass any day of the week on buses in Kent.

Use Traveline or 11-19 travel to plan your bus journey.

Outside of Kent: you can use your pass to travel to counties bordering Kent as long as the journey starts or ends in Kent.

Medway: you can’t use your pass to make journeys from one Medway address to another Medway address.

Behaviour of pass holders

Download the Kent Freedom Pass code of conduct (PDF, 944.8 KB).

We can take passes away from anyone who doesn’t stick to this code.

Download the terms and conditions (PDF, 79.0 KB).

Special school services

You need to pay extra on some special school services. See a list of special school services.