Pass Plus driver training course
Pass Plus is a practical training course that takes at least 6 hours and is for drivers to improve their skills and drive more safely.
Pass Plus is a course that you can take once you have passed your driving test. By improving your driving skills and hazard awareness, you may reduce the risk of being involved in a serious crash.
GOV.UK has more information on the Pass Plus course.
The course covers:
- motorway and town driving
- country driving
- all-weather driving
- night driving.
We offer Kent residents the opportunity to have a £60 discount on their Pass Plus driver training.
Young drivers who have completed a Pass Plus course within 12 months of passing their test may receive a discount on car insurance.
To qualify for the £60 discount you must:
- be aged between 17-21
- have passed your test within the last 12 months
- live in the Kent County Council catchment area (excluding Medway)
- use an approved driving instructor (PDF, 43.2 KB) registered with us
- register with us before starting the Pass Plus course to receive your unique driver reference number. Your instructor will need this number before training. The number is only valid for 3 months
- understand that the cost of any additional training (more than 6 hours) must be paid for by you.
Terms and conditions: Kent County Council reserve the right to cease the pass plus subsidy scheme at any time.