National Motorway Speed Awareness course
To attend this course you must have received a letter from the police.
Drivers that attend this course significantly reduce their chances of being involved in a crash and of being caught for the same offence in the next 2 to 3 years.
The course lasts 2½ hours, including breaks. It takes place in a classroom type setting.
You may be offered this course if a police officer or an automated camera device detected that you exceeded the active variable speed limit (as electronically displayed on the overhead gantries and roadside electronic signs) on the motorway by 10% +2mph and 10% +9mph.
Before attending the National Motorway Speed Awareness course you must:
- agree to the terms and conditions (PDF, 102.6 KB)
- read the medical fitness advice from GOV.UK.- make sure the DVLA are kept up to date.
The course costs £62.50 in Kent. Payment can only be made by credit/debit card. Payment must be made when you make your booking
You must have your driving licence number to book your course. This can be found on your licence photo card. If you do not know your licence number, you can check it through GOV.UK's licence detail viewing service.
If you are having problems with booking a course please call us on 03000 41 82 82 and ask to book a National Motorway Speed Awareness Course.
You must bring photo identification to prove who you are.
If you do not bring photo identification, you could be refused entry to the course.
Examples of photo identification can be:
- valid passport
- valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
- valid photographic driving licence (if you currently have a paper application, you may wish to apply to exchange your paper driver licence to photo driver licence)
- valid armed forces identity card
- valid police warrant card/badge
- valid employees identity pass
- Citizen Card
- valid Government-issued identity card
- SMART card
- electoral identity card
- photographic disabled badge
- NUS card photographic (National Union of Students)
- photographic university/college ID card
- company ID card of nationally recognised company (photographic)
- Council issued bus pass (senior citizens only)
- Pension book (the only acceptable form of non-photographic identification)
- Young Scot card
If you have a photocard licence we can only accept it with a current photograph and if the photograph still identifies you (field 4b on your licence gives the expiry date of the photograph).
Please make sure you arrive on time.
If you are late you will not be allowed to participate. This could lead to a re-booking fee if we can offer a new course date, or your case being returned to the police.
In bad weather, please call us on 03000 41 82 82 for up to date information about closed venues.