National Motorway Awareness Course (NMAC)
This course is aimed at drivers who have been caught committing an offence on smart motorways (a section of motorway that uses active traffic management techniques to actively manage the flow of traffic).
The course is 3 ¾ hours long and aims to make smart motorways safer and more efficient, providing a better experience for people who use them and work on them. It does so by increasing:
- knowledge of the meaning of smart motorway signs
- understanding of why variable speed limits and lane closures are imposed
- understanding of how to use emergency areas safely and appropriately
- awareness of the risks of breaking rules on smart motorways
- personal responsibility for decisions about complying with rules on smart motorways
- perceptions of control over complying with smart motorway regulations.
You must produce your driving licence when attending the course.
It is a requirement for you to produce photographic identification that is in date when attending the course as stated in the offer letter by the Police and on the NDORS (National Driver Offending Re-training Scheme) website.
If you do not have a valid photo-card driving licence, the old style licence may be produced with another form of photographic identification. Below are examples of what may be used / accepted:
- valid photographic driving licence
- valid passport
- valid police warrant card/ badge
- citizen card
- SMART card
- photographic disabled badge
- photographic university/ college ID card
- council issued bus pass (senior citizens only)
- valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
- valid armed forces identity card
- valid employees identity pass
- valid Government
- electoral identity card
- NUS (National Union of Students) photographic card
- photographic company ID card of a nationally recognised company
- young scot card
If you have any questions concerning your photo identification, which is a requirement to attend the course, you should contact KCC Diversionary Schemes team on 03000 41 82 82, well in advance of your course date.
If you currently have a paper licence, you may wish to apply to exchange your paper driver licence to photo driver licence.
If you have lost, damaged or had your drivers licence stolen, apply for a replacement online.
Please make sure you arrive on time.
If you are late you will not be allowed to participate. This could lead to a re-booking fee if we can offer a new course date, or your case being returned to the police.
|Aylesford Bulls Rugby Club|
Aylesford Bulls Rugby Club
(entrance to venue via Hall Road)
If using satnav please use the road name and not the postcode.
|Dartford Judo Club||Dartford Judo Club|
|Singleton Environment Centre||Singleton Environment Centre|
(entrance via Wesley School Road)
In bad weather, please call us on 03000 41 81 81 for up to date information about closed venues.