is part of Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope (library, museum and art
gallery). The museum has the same
opening hours as the library and has something for
- quizzes, activity sheets and crafts for children
- a film about the town's history or one about our current
- changing temporary exhibitions
- displays of local interest, for example hop-picking, World War
- objects to handle with Braille labels
- an oral history telephone to listen to a blacksmith, a brewer
and a veterinary assistant
- a programme of events and activities.
Bring your class
Schools visits are welcome. Please contact the Curator to
discuss the needs of a particular class. We have objects that
children can handle and activity sheets for trails and observation
in the museum.
We have about 3,000 objects, both on display and in our store.
These include local archaeology and fossils, World War 1 and 2
artefacts, local photographs and paintings, tools of the
blacksmith's, printer's, tailor's and other trades and more.
Visitors and researchers are welcome to book an appointment to see
and handle these.
How to find us
Nearest station: Sevenoaks (20 minutes walk).
By road: North from London and South from Hastings use the A21,
turn off at Sevenoaks. East from Westerham and West from Maidstone
use the A25, turn off at Sevenoaks.
The museum and library are signposted from the High Street.